Things You Should Know About Hyperplasia Of Mammary Glands
- In foreign literature, hyperplasia of mammary glands refers to adenosis of breast, fibrocystic lesions of breast and so on. In ICD-10 it refers to galactoma, hyperplasia of mammary glands. In Surgical textbook it refers to breast cystic hyperplasia and breast disease. In 2016 expert consensus name it is called cyclomastopathy.
- Hyperplasia of mammary glands is not tumor or inflammatory change but a benign breast disease.
Reasons For Hyperplasia Of Mammary Glands
- The unbalance between estrogen and progestational hormone leads to the substantially over-hyperplasia of breast and incomplete recovery;
- The abnormality of the quality and quantity of breast hormone receptors leads to hyperplasia to different degrees in every parts in mammary gland;
- The increasement of prolactin will influence the development and lactation ability of mammary gland, influencing hypothalamus-hypophysis-gonad axis function.
Factors Inducing Hyperplasia Of Mammary Glands
Any factor that leads to the change of sex hormone or its receptor will increase the risk of having the disease.
- Menstrual History;
- Genetic History;
- Lactation History;
- Contraceptive Using History;
- Social Psychological Factors.
Cardinal Symptom Of Hyperplasia Of Mammary Glands
- Breast Pain
Clinically,breast pain is always the initial symptom. Periodic pains are mostly physiological. Nonperiodic pains are mostly due to the intervention of neurogenic and drug-induced extra-mammary diseases and other kinds of extra-mammary disease.
The early stage patients are mainly bothered by the periodic pains related to menstruation and breast cystic hyperplasia.
The patients are commonly bothered by nonperiodic pains and locations of the pain points are clear.
- Breast Tubercle Or Breast Lump
It includes granulate tubercle, strip-shape tubercle, localized or diffuse gland thickening. There are always more than one breast tubercle. The breast tubercle or breast lump may implicate bilateral breast. The lumps are usually small and in different shapes, usually changes according to the menstrual cycle.
- Nipple Discharge
3.6%-20% women are suffering the nipple discharge, which is usually serous fluid light yellow or milk white in colour or just colourless.
Due to the numerous kinds of mammary glands hyperplasia, doctors should make personalized treatment scheme according to specific histopathology type and symptom of every patient. Therefore, it is unrealistic to directly and accurately tell which therapeutic method is the best.
Mammary glands hyperplasia is different from tumour and has no inflammation. It is a benign breast disease. The doctor will give individualized mental intervention and pharmacological intervention when other inflammation occurs . In addition, if necessary, operation will be given to prevent breast cancer when suspicious lesion occurs.